Legal, Privacy and Cookie Notice
The purpose of this Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is to provide visitors to our website and Mojave Bio customers information regarding the personal information that Mojave Bio may collect, how Mojave Bio uses and safeguards that data, and with whom we may share it. By providing your personal information to us, you agree that we may collect and use such personal information and other information in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Notice.
This Notice applies to all websites owned and operated by Mojave Bio Corporation (referred to as “we,” “us,” the “Company” or similar terms), including those with a homepage located and linked at www.mojave-bio.com (the “Website”). This Notice does not apply to any other websites, and we make no representations as to the privacy practices of other websites.
Mojave Bio encourages our customers, suppliers, commercial visitors, business associates, investors, and other interested parties to read this Notice. By using this Website or submitting personal information to Mojave Bio by any other means, you acknowledge your understanding and agreement to the practices described in this Notice, including that Mojave Bio may collect, process, transfer, use and disclose personal information as described. If you have specific questions or comments regarding the processing of personal information, you may contact Mojave Bio as provided below.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information (also commonly known as personally identifiable information (PII) or personal data) is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate. The personal information we may collected when you engage with the Website includes the following:
- Contact Information (name, address, telephone number, email address, company/employer information, and similar information)
- Billing Information (credit card, bank account, and similar information)
- Order Information (current order/purchase information, purchase history, and similar information).
- Other information that may be exchanged in the course of engaging with specific Mojave Bio campaigns or the Website. You will have notice of any subsequently collected personal information because it will come directly from you.
Except for some information automatically collected when you visit our Website, as described in the below section discussing non-personal information, all personal information Mojave Bio processes is collected directly from you. For example, we may collect personal information from you when you register on our site, place an order, open, or update an account, subscribe to our mailing list, and/or respond to our customer satisfaction survey.
Please note that you should not submit to Mojave Bio any sensitive personal information relating to your (i) racial or ethnic origin (ii) political beliefs (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union or political party (v) physical or mental health or genetic makeup (vi) addictions, sexual life or (vii) the commission of criminal offences or proceedings and associated penalties or fines, unless you have previously sent to us your written consent that we may process such personal information, if Mojave Bio determines consent to be a requirement of applicable law. If you provide such sensitive personal information to Mojave Bio, that personal information will be promptly deleted.
What is the Purpose of Collecting Personal Information?
We collect the above-described personal information about Website visitors and customers to provide superior customer service. Specifically, we collect the above information for the following purposes:
- to provide services to you.
- to process and track orders,
- to respond to your requests,
- to support the operation of our business, such as for billing, account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes,
- to send to you Mojave Bio and its affiliated brands’ solicitations, product announcements, and the like that we feel may be of interest to you (you may “opt out” of receiving these marketing materials),
- personalize your experience on the Website, as well as maintain and improve the Website and various features (also a relevant purpose for collection of non-personal information).
In addition, where consistent with the laws and regulations of the relevant jurisdiction, Mojave Bio may use (and disclose to third parties as described in the next section) your personal information, if such use or disclosure:
- is for an additional purpose that is directly related to the original purpose for which the personal information was collected,
- is necessary to prepare, negotiate and perform a contract with you,
- is required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities,
- is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense,
- is necessary to comply with a law, regulation, court order, or other legal process,
- is part of a corporate restructuring, sale of assets, merger, or divestiture,
- is required to protect Mojave Bio’s rights or property, or
- is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on Mojave Bio’s information technology systems.
Mojave Bio does NOT SELL, RE-SELL, OR DISTRIBUTE FOR RE-SALE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
How do We Share Personal Information?
If you provide personal information to Mojave Bio as described above, we may share such personal information with third parties to accomplish the above stated purposes. In compliance with the laws and regulations of the relevant jurisdiction to support our relationship with you:
- we may share personal information with our worldwide affiliates to provide service to you as well as better understand your business needs and how we can improve our products and services,
- we may use third party service providers to assist us in collecting, assembling, or processing personal information in connection with services related to our business relationship, such as credit card companies and shipping companies,
- if you complete the “Credit Reference” section on the Website, you agree that we may contact the references listed and share your personal information with the references for the purpose of deciding whether to extend credit to you or to do business with you,
- we (or a third party on our behalf) may use personal information to contact you about a Mojave Bio offer in support of your business needs or to conduct online surveys to understand better our customers’ needs,
- we may share your personal information with third parties to assist us with marketing and promotional activities (though we will not permit those companies to use or retain your personal information for their own promotional activities), and
- in the event of any prospective or actual merger, business or asset sale, divestiture, other changes in control or financial status, or re-organization, we may share or transfer personal information with the other party or parties involved.
Any time your information is transferred to a third party who is not an affiliate of Mojave Bio, we will require the recipient to protect the information consistent with this Notice. If you choose not to have your personal information used to support our customer relationship (especially direct marketing or market research), we will respect your choice. As indicated in the previous section, we do not sell your personal information to third parties, nor share it with third parties except as set forth in this Notice.
Email and Link Information.
Using an email address that you provide us; we may send you email newsletters or similar documents from time to time. These emails may include technology that permits us to track when an email has been opened, as well as whether the recipient clicked on any link or advertisement contained in the email. This information is tracked to help us operate our business.
EU Privacy Rights
If you are in the EU, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) grants you certain rights under the law. In particular, the right to access, correct, delete, restrict processing of, and data portability of the personal information we hold about you. Mojave Bio will retain your personal information for the length of time you engage with our services until you request deletion of such personal data.
Upon request, Mojave Bio will grant you reasonable access to personal information that it holds about you. In addition, Mojave Bio will take reasonable steps to permit you to correct, amend, delete, restrict processing of, and request portability of the personal information we hold about you. Mojave Bio also relies upon everyone to assist in providing accurate updates of his or her personal information. In order to make a request regarding your personal information contact the following: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a comment, question, or complaint about how Mojave Bio is handling your personal information, we hope that you contact us at email@example.com, in order to allow us to resolve the matter.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with certain rights about your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Throughout this Privacy Notice you will find information required by CCPA regarding the categories of personal information collected from you, the purposes for which we use personal information, and the categories of third parties your information may be shared with. This information is current as of the date of the Notice and is applicable in the 12 months preceding the effective date of the Notice. Please note that the CCPA is not fully applicable to personal information exchanged in a business-to-business transaction. While Mojave Bio treats the personal information of all customers, you may not be eligible for all the rights described herein if your personal information was obtained in a business-to-business transaction.
As a California resident, the CCPA provides you the ability to make inquiries regarding to your personal information. Specifically, the degree to which you have inquiries beyond what is already provided in this Privacy Notice, you have the right to request disclosure about the collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months, including:
- the categories of personal information collected about you,
- the categories of sources for the personal information collected about you,
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information,
- the categories of third parties with whom your personal information was shared,
- the specific pieces of personal information collected about you,
- if your personal information was disclosed for a business purpose, the personal information categories disclosed and the categories of third parties to which the information was disclosed,
- if your personal information was sold in the past 12 months, the personal information categories sold and the categories of third parties to which the information was sold (NOTE: MOJAVE BIO DOES NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION).
Please note that you may only make the above requests twice in a 12-month period. You also have the right to request that any of your personal information collected and retained be deleted, subject to certain exceptions. Finally, you have the right to not received discriminatory treatment by Mojave Bio or any business for exercising any of the rights provided under CCPA.
You may submit a request regarding your rights under CCPA by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
Mojave Bio Inc
733 Industrial Road
San Carlos, CA 94070
If we receive a CCPA request from you, we will first decide regarding the applicability of the law, and we will then take steps to verify your identity prior to responding. The steps to verify your identity may vary based on our relationship with you, but, at a minimum, it will take the form of confirming and matching the information submitted in the request with information already held by Mojave Bio and/or contacting you through previously used channels to confirm that you submitted the request (i.e. confirming identity through the email that we have on file, not the email submitted to make the request).
Your rights as stated here can also be exercised by an authorized agent on your behalf. Mojave Bio will follow the standards set by the Attorney General of California regarding designation of an authorized agent to exercise rights under CCPA. You may review information available through the Attorney General website (https://www.oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa) regarding how an individual can be designated as an authorized agent under CCPA.
What Happens if the Privacy Notice Changes?
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time, though the version currently applicable is the one available on the Website. If we change this Privacy Notice, we will post the change on this section of the Website. This Notice is current as of November 2021.
Your information is stored on servers located in the United States. We and our agents who help us with storage and security use several industry standards, procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure, including use of encryption, “firewalls” and Secure Socket Layers. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet or via a mobile device can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data.
You agree to follow the conduct rules listed below. If you fail to follow these conduct rules, Mojave Bio may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your account without refund, in addition to pursuing any other legal and equitable remedies including but not limited to money damages.
- You will not knowingly provide or post any false, misleading, or fraudulent information.
- You will not use this website, or any products purchased from Mojave Bio for any illegal purpose.
- You will not hold yourself out as someone you are not or otherwise impersonate any living person.
- You will not interfere or tamper with the functioning of this Site, nor will you attempt to gain access to information or control of the Site not specifically granted to you.
- You will not use this Site to transmit any virus or similar destructive program or code.
Ownership and Use of Materials
The materials on this Site belong to Mojave Bio or its third-party licensors. There are some important rules about using and copying these materials. Mojave Bio grants you a limited, revocable, license to download or print one copy of the materials on this Site, but only for the purpose of ordering products on the Site. When you download or print a copy of the materials on this Site, you must also include all copyright and other notices that are in the materials, including the copyright notice on the bottom of the page.
The materials on this Site are protected by United States and foreign copyright laws. If you use the materials in a way that is not clearly allowed by these Terms & Conditions and the license above, you are violating your contract with us and may be violating copyright, trademark, and other laws. In that case, Mojave Bio automatically revokes your limited license to use the materials and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made. Title to the materials remains with Mojave Bio or its third-party licensors. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
Site Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, MOJAVE BIO DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE SITE DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO THE SITE. THE OPERATION OF THE SITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE THE CONTROL OF THE SITE OR MOJAVE BIO.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MOJAVE BIO OR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE.
Choice of Law/Disputes
Unless otherwise required by the laws in a particular jurisdiction, you hereby agree that the only proper jurisdiction and venue for any dispute with Mojave Bio, or in any way relating to your use of this Site or to products purchased from Mojave Bio, is in the state and federal courts in the State of California, U.S.A. You further agree and consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in these courts in connection with any dispute involving Mojave Bio or its affiliates, employees, officers, directors, agents, and providers. Any claims relating to the information, services, or products available on this Site will be governed by the laws of the State of California, excluding the application of its conflicts of law rules.
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice or the services provided by our website, please contact Mojave Bio at email@example.com.